-How old was your child when he/she started at Prospect Academy?
- Sophie was 3 1/2 when she started at Prospect Academy. She was at
the same time enrolled in Armonk Montessori - so, the idea was to
alternate English language instruction and bi-lingual environment.
- What was your biggest fear/ concern at that time?
- Sophie is an extremely affectionate child, however, she used to feel
far more comfortable around adults than around children. She didn't
volunteer to participate in games with children and would rather play
with an adult or by herself when presented a choice. The concern was
her lack of skill in participating in group play/activities.
- What was in your opinion the biggest surprise after your child started participating in our program?
- The biggest surprise was how fast she adopted and how at ease and
comfortably she felt after very short time.
- What is in your opinion your child's biggest accomplishment?
- Sophie now ventures into playing with kids far more readily. She
also is far more independent.
- As a parent what have you learned during this time?
- Kids are far more resilient than we think - and at the same time
they sponge in a lot more than we see.